A formal development program was initiated at Ave Maria Village in 2012. The purpose of the program is to provide an avenue for various forms of charitable giving, resulting in additional sources of support to help us continue our mission of carrying out the healing ministry of Jesus. In this day of declining revenue from governmental sources, our development program is helping us establish a firm foundation as we look to the future.
Ave Maria Village just finished a $1.325 million campaign which led to the addition of the Good Shepherd Chapel, an all-weather transportation center, and the McCoy Family Suite.
Ways to Donate to Ave Maria Village include the following:
Sending memorials to Ave Maria can help in many different areas. Collectively, memorials add up to large amounts over time. For a gift of $250, a past resident can be memorialized on a special plaque located in the main lobby.
Send a gift in honor of one or more individuals on their birthday, anniversary, Mother’s or Father’s Day, Christmas, or any other special occasion or event.
Bequest in Your Will
Include Ave Maria Village in your will or estate plan. Alternatively, you can add a codicil (addition) to your will or estate plan, adding Ave Maria Village, which will give:
- a certain percent of your estate
- a certain item or items
- a set amount of money
- a residual (remainder) of your estate after your heirs have been taken care of.
Life Insurance Options
- You can make Ave Maria the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- You can donate a life insurance policy that is no longer needed.
- Using a method called “wealth replacement,” you can give your heirs a life insurance policy that will not be taxed, and give Ave Maria items that would otherwise be taxed as we are a 501©(3)tax-exempt organization.
- You can make arrangements with your bank to take a certain amount out of your checking or savings account and send to Ave Maria Village on a regular basis and under terms of your choosing.
Go Green for Ave Maria Village
You can make money for Ave Maria Village through recycling items such as scrap metals, aluminum pop and beer cans, car batteries, etc. Just take your donations to West End Hide and Fur in Jamestown and let them know that proceeds go to Ave Maria Village in your name.